Thursday, February 25, 2010

The cure-all

This week, I have been feeling... restless. I'm not sure if I should blame it on the cold winter weather (which seems to be lasting forever) and my current job situation or what exactly, but there is one thing I've been looking forward to all week.

Tomorrow, there is no school for the public schools in the district I work in. Which was perfect, because tomorrow I was needed to watch my niece and nephews (the loves of my life). There are never any dull moments with them, and their smiles, laughs, and ever-changing personalities and constant developmental milestones are so awesome. And the hugs they give and kisses they blow when I leave? Even better. No matter what mood I'm in (and I've been pretty crabby when I've gone to watch them because of this or that throughout the week), the moment I walk in the door and hear their happy screams and their little feet stampeding toward the front door when they hear me come, my heart melts and I'm entirely cured of any form of a sour mood I'm in.

Unfortunately, for the third week straight, they are sick! They've been battling colds for a few weeks now, and my brother just called and said it's re-emerged -- this time, accompanied by a high fever and sore throat : ( bummer. Which wouldn't be a big deal, but I have something starting next week that I need to be healthy for. So, alas, I will not be hanging out with the coolest 2 1/2 and 1 1/2 year old kiddos I know tomorrow. Which means I'll probably just be dark, dreary and depressed until I can hang out with them again.

Okay, so we all know that's not true. I just won't get to enjoy their hugs and mischievous adorableness that makes this winter "lull" so much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment