Thursday, February 4, 2010

The way to a person's heart is through their stomach!

A few weeks ago, my hubby and I were invited to a friends' apartment for a board game night and some delicious supper. We were asked to bring something to share, so I whipped up some yummy brownie-marshmallow-chocolate-peanut butter-rice crispy bars (whew!). And to my delight, they were devoured by our friends (in other words, there were six or seven people there... my hubby and I each had just one bar after supper, and two or three hours later when we left, the 9" x 13" pan was almost entirely gone...) awesome!

I can't tell you how happy it makes me when I see my friends and family enjoy something I've made. I mean, I love to eat -- especially when it comes to a delicious dessert. So I love to share my favorite recipes and see people enjoy it too! It makes me happy to see others happy... and a nummy treat can definitely put a smile on someone's face. So please, make these super easy bars and enjoy! But be sure to pay the deliciousness forward and share the joy with others : )


Marshmallow Peanut Butter Chocolate Rice Crispy Brownies

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 1 tablespoon margarine
  • 2 1/2 cups rice crispies
  • 1 box brownie mix (you will prepare these as shown on the box)
  • 2 1/2 cups mini-marshmallows
Directions:
  1. Make brownies as directed on package. When almost finished, sprinkle marshmallows to cover the surface of brownies. Put back in oven for two minutes. Marshmallows should be nice and puffy! Let cool completely.
  2. Combine margarine and chocolate chips in a bowl. Microwave one minute; stir.
  3. Add peanut butter to chocolate chip/margarine mixture. Stir until well blended.
  4. Add rice crispies to peanut butter/chocolate mixture and stir until all of the rice crispies are well coated.
  5. Spread rice crispy mixture over marshmallow brownies.
  6. Chill in refrigerator for at least one hour prior to serving.
Be sure to keep these in the refrigerator when not serving or the chocolate will melt!

Happy baking : )

No comments:

Post a Comment