Monday, March 8, 2010

Crockpot, two. Megan, one!

Although my pretty red Crockpot and I had a disagreement a few weeks ago, I found a potentially delicious recipe online and decided to pull it out one more time and give it one more chance to redeem itself.

And redeem itself, it did! No burning, no messy clean up, no disappointing food. Just the opposite, in fact! It was fantastic. I blended up a sauce last night, thawed my pork shoulder roast over night, and threw both in the Crockpot this morning on low and let it go for eight and a half hours. I had pilates at 4:00 this afternoon and couldn't make it home between work and that, so hubby turned the Crockpot to "warm" before he attended a meeting at 3:45. When I got home a bit after 5:00, it was all set to go! I just had to shred it, make some hash browns to go alongside and cut some nummy buns from Wal-Mart (have you ever had their bulliolo buns before? They are incredible!). We were ready to eat by 5:15, which is a God-send because hubby has to leave for work on Monday nights around 5:50.

So please, go easy on yourself some night and throw this together in your Crockpot. It's pretty similar to Chipotle's pork, so be a little forewarned: it is spicy. So if you don't like spicy, don't add the whole can of chipotle peppers. However, take note: I am not one to like my food spicy, and I thought it was spicy, but not terrible spicy.

Enjoy!

Oh, and psst... this recipe is thanks to the Pioneer Woman's Tasty Kitchen website. Browse it -- there's lots of nummy looking things on it!

Ingredient

  • 3 pounds Top Roast (or any type of roast -- I used a pork shoulder roast)
  • 2 whole Onions
  • 3 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
  • 8 cloves Minced Garlic
  • 1 Tablespoon Cumin
  • 1-½ Tablespoon Oregano
  • 1 can Small Can Of Chipotle In Adobo Sauce
  • 1 cup Chicken Broth
  • 1 cup Water
  • 1 Tablespoon Bay Leaves
  • 2 Tablespoons White Or Rice Vinegar

Preparation Instructions

Take everything but the roast and put it in a blender. Blend until onion is all ground up.

Add some of the sauce to bottom of crock pot. Place roast in crock pot and pour the rest of the sauce over meat.

Slow cook for 8-10 hours on low.

Use fork or tongs to shred the meat once cooked.


No comments:

Post a Comment