Thursday, March 11, 2010

Cranky post

So this is my cranky post.

It is raining. Not just sprinkles; I can handle sprinkles. I'm talking, rain. Which is, first of all, the last thing this flood-prone city needs. Second of all, for those of you who know me even a little bit at all, you know that there is nothing more that I hate [hate] than rain. I hate how the bottoms of my pants get all wet and look anything but professional. I hate how my carefully straightened bob turns into a frizzy, not-in-a-good-way wavy mop when it gets even a little wet. I hate how my students' tests that I take home with me to grade get wet and crinkle up afterward, no matter how hard I try to shield them from the rain. And I just generally hate how everything is just wet. Blah. Even if someone told me I won a million dollar shopping spree to Banana Republic but I had to go out in the rain at this exact second, I would refuse.

Okay, so maybe I wouldn't refuse.

But I would think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment