Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Forty Six Weeks Old!


Weight: I'm guessing she's still around 17 pounds.
Sleep: Still struggling in this arena. We did have two nights in a row of through-the-night sleep, but other than that, girlfriend is waking at least two, maybe three, times each night. Oftentimes, she's hungry -- but sometimes, she's just awake. Suggestions? We've wondered if she's teething, but we can't feel or see any little teeth coming through...

Medical Issues: Feeling good :)
Clothes: We're in three to six month clothes and three to six month jammies! 

Socialite!: Hanging out with daycare friends!

Diet: Loves blackberries, sweet potatoes, pizza and these little pea crisps that I buy at Trader Joe's. She's an amazing eater and now prefers to "choose" her food off of a plate rather than having me just give it to her. She's also ALWAYS more interested in what we're eating than what she's eating -- even when it's exactly the same thing, just not cut up into smaller pieces for her.

Baby Gear Love: We've been loving books and our Fischer Price Laugh and Learn Cookie Shape Surprise!

Crying: Lizzie is such a happy babe. She only cries when she's hungry or tired.
Mommy News: First birthday party planning is in full swing! I've been getting my craft on and making some things for her party. So excited! I've found that I'm not a momma who is sad about her changing and growing. Instead, I find myself being so proud and so happy and so excited to see what comes next. Maybe with my next baby, I'll be more sad when they change and grow so fast, but not with Lizzie! I love watching her grow and change and experience new things.

Milestones: Girlfriend has gone from army crawling to spending some time up on those hands and knees, but not moving quite yet I'm guessing it'll be soon! She's also become a much more confident cruiser along furniture.

Lizzie has also learned how to sit up on her own… hooray! Along with that, of course, comes the necessity to lower her crib. We peeked into her room on Saturday morning, and girlfriend was standing in her crib! What?! We didn't realize that was possible, because, well, it hadn't been until that day when she decided she knew how to sit up on her own, and could therefore grab the crib and stand up on her own. So her crib got lowered so we don't have to worry about her tumbling out :) She's also become much more comfortable and confident with holding just one of our hands while walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment