Monday, March 18, 2013

28 Weeks!

How far along? 29 weeks today! But this post will review week 28.
 
Total weight gain/loss:
At last week's appointment, I was officially up to 117 pounds. Woohoo! High fives went all around the room upon weigh-in! My doctor, nurse and husband were all very pleased.
Unfortunately, it seems I've since dropped back a pound to 116. Naturally, this worried me, so I called my nurse today and asked her what was up with that and if I should be worried. She reassured me that it's completely fine and baby's getting what she needs, and that the "loss" could be reflective of water weight. Regardless, she told me to eat even more and snack non-stop. And snacking may be the key here, because it seems I get full real quick lately, which they say is common as baby grows.
 

Maternity clothes? I have just a few pair of jeans that still fit without the BellaBand, and all my other pants require it now. I'm beginning to question just how long that nifty band can be my go-to, because I'm pretty sure zipping up some of my pants is even becoming a challenge now... we'll see what the next eleven weeks hold!

Stretch marks? None to speak of!
 
Symptoms: Using the bathroom non-stop, a teensy bit of minor acid reflux, and I think my emotions are starting to run away a little. While watching a video about the conclave and our new pope, Francis, I cried like a baby. Maybe it's because I think the whole thing is so awesome that it really gets to me, but maybe it's pregnancy.

 
Sleep: Going well still! Just waking to go to the bathroom once or twice a night usually.

Best moment this week: Along with watching the selection of our new pope with my third graders, seeing baby girl at our 28-week appointment last week was incredible. She's getting so big that you can't fit even her whole head in the screen anymore! Hard to believe her entire body could be seen in one frame before. We got to see her pretty little profile again and even got to see her open and close her mouth a few times... it was so unbelievable! I also asked my doctor how baby was looking as far as growth goes, so she did a few measurements and found out she was measuring just about on schedule -- slightly small, but the doctor said that's to be expected because I'm a small lady. Great news all around!


We also went to our first child birth class and LOVED it. Just so much good information about labor, baby, pregnancy, and the opportunity to ask any question your heart so desires. 

The other fun thing we did was we went to Target and got our Baby Registry done! It was exciting for the first hour and a half, and then we started to lose some steam. Regardless, it was ridiculously fun to pick out all kinds of things for our peanut. We do wonder though: do people put clothes on their registries? Or is that a "no-no"? And how long should a registry be? I'm also wondering what we didn't put on there that we should... any suggestions or answers to these questions would be mega-helpful :) We're also heavily weighing what kind of stroller to get. I'd like one that enables mommy and daddy to look at baby while strolling, but it seems those are tough to come by. Plus, I'd like a jogging stroller (me, jog? HA! But I've heard they have a nice, smooth ride and are easy to steer), and jogging strollers don't have that ability I don't think. Decisions, decisions. 
 
Miss Anything? Besides not having to stuff myself silly all day, nothing!

 
Movement: Baby girl is a mover! Although I think I've caught on to a pattern she has. Apparently babies develop daily patterns to their sleeping and waking hours. I think our baby happens to have a weekly pattern to her sleeping and waking, because she moves non-stop from Sunday to Wednesday... and then when Thursday, Friday and Saturday comes, she puts her feet up and takes a load off, wiggling her and there rather than all day long. It is the most bizarre thing, and has really bothered me the last month or so, because I keep thinking something is wrong on those "lazy" days -- but it's completely been a "four days on, three days off" kind of pattern for at least the last month.

 
Food cravings: Jimmy John's Slim #1... and I'm a naughty lady and had ANOTHER one yesterday. I told myself I'd only eat deli meat just that one time last week when we went to Jimmy John's, but it's just so yummy and delicious.


On the sweets front, I seem to be easing off the Oreos and opting for sweet breads instead. I'm lovin' me some banana bread with milk lately, and I couldn't resist picking up a mix for cinnamon bread at the grocery store today.
 
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not really, except for when I get too much in my tummy at a meal. On Saturday, I had eaten half of my lunch and felt like I might toss my cookies due to being so darn full. I had to take an eating break and come back to it later instead.

 
Have you started to show yet: I have! This week's pictures are shocking to me because of how different last week to this week is.


Belly Button in or out? Still in! But getting a little 'ridge' on the top side of it that you can see through fitted shirts.

 
Wedding rings on or off? On   

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!

Looking forward to: Our 4-D ultrasound a week from today! We'll check baby's growth more officially next week and are hoping to see a strong, healthy little lady! Also looking forward to this week's child birth class... we'll be practicing breathing and get a tour of the birthing center -- woohoo!



No comments:

Post a Comment