Thursday, January 3, 2013

18 Weeks!

How far along? 18 weeks and three days!
 
Total weight gain/loss: Well, I think the one pound a week might be true... I've held strong and steady at a gain of three pounds now -- and it's been two weeks since my last doctor appointment where they told me I'd gained one. So, one pound for each week since then puts me at the total I'm at now: three pounds! I'm happy with this. I was getting worried about the lack of weight gain, especially considering I had literally NO morning sickness (unless you count the two or three times I texted the hubs, my mom and sister telling them I felt nauseous after taking a drink of water or catching a whiff of pineapple from my students' snack early on). And my eating habits really haven't changed much, because I haven't hit that HUNGRY stage of pregnancy yet apparently... and yet somehow I magically gained a couple of pounds! Hopefully it continues to happen this way.


Maternity clothes? Still none! I did go on a maternity buying binge a few days this week online, but it's all free return shipping, so that's why I got a little crazy :)

Stretch marks? Zilch! Using lotion on my tummy, but not really as a preventative measure... more so because it makes my skin so darn soft! Who knew mommy lotions were so moisturizing? 


Symptoms:  Nope. Not a one! Like I said, still waiting for that hungry all the time thing to kick in... I thought it had over the weekend while we drove to Iowa to visit family for (yes!) another Christmas. I was insanely ravenous on the way down (which ended up including a stop at the sketchiest, tiniest Wal-Mart I've literally ever been to that had NO bananas, or any fresh fruit for that matter! But I did get a box of peanut butter chocolate granola bars, so I can't complain too much)
and during lunch, but it seems to have dissipated by evening.

Sleep:  Just dandy. Except for being woken up due to headaches and potty breaks once a night lately.


Best moment this week:
Going with my mom to JoAnn's to pick out a couple of fabrics for baby girl's quilt. My mama, sister and I have always combined forces to create some darn cute baby quilts in the past for my nieces and nephews. And now it's my turn! I've decided on the cutest blanket of all time that will utilize the cutest fabrics of all time (nothing less for the up and coming cutest BABY of all time!)

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't incredibly dramatic concerned in the past that I'd never get the chance to pick out fabrics for my own baby's blanket one day. The past two years have included many moments of panic and sleepless nights with tears that came from thinking we'd never get to have a little one of our own. Obviously there are other routes to creating a family aside from having your own biological child, but I never came to a point where I felt okay with that. Anyway, for this reason, picking out these fabrics was incredibly special to me. I have spent plenty of time dreaming of baby girl wrapped up in my arms in this special blanket, or it being draped over her crib in her nursery.

Of course, a close second would be buying her Halloween costume this week. Yes, I definitely just said that I bought her a Halloween costume. But I couldn't resist for a mere $3.50! She will be a cozy, cute, cuddly cupcake come autumn. 

Have you told family and friends: Yes! Even some people in town know now and talk to me about it in the grocery store. I am always caught off guard and wonder if they're telling me "Congratulations!" about something else instead, so I get all cryptic for a little while before I realize that they are, indeed, referring to my little one. I also slightly wonder if they can somehow SEE my belly and decipher that it's not that I'm eating too many cookies, but rather that I'm having a baby. Doubtful, but one can dream, right?


Miss Anything? As mentioned previously, hubby and I went to Iowa over the weekend to celebrate another Christmas with family. We stayed over, and left early Sunday morning to hit up mass in a neighboring town and then proceeded through the Twin Cities and made a pit-stop at the Mall of America. And lucky us! They seem to have JUST unloaded tons of their new winter/spring lines because they had my size in EVERYTHING. And it was all SO cute. And while I normally would have walked out of the Gap and Banana Republic with my arms heaped full of clothes, my pocketbook (and my husband) breathed a sigh of relief upon my realization that my belly is almost already too big for normal, fitted shirts.


So what do I miss this week? Well, although I'm really not all that big just yet... I'm already missing shopping for normal clothes for my normal closet.

Movement: It's official: baby girl is a movin'! All this silly movement I think I've felt since 15 weeks has, indeed, been punches and kicks by my sweet little one -- but now it's strong enough that I can definitely tell! Hubby is still hoping to feel her, but no dice just yet.


Food cravings: Nada. I'm loving fruit, but that's always true about me. Peanut butter and strawberry jelly sandwiches are a love of mine lately too, but again, I've always liked those. Another ongoing love: macaroni and cheese! And lucky me, the hubs is letting me make that for supper tonight... woohoo!


Anything making you queasy or sick: Just the pizza thing I mentioned last week -- specifically Papa Murphy's (poor Papa Murph's...). Although once I'm eating pizza, I don't mind it. It's just the idea of it.

 
Have you started to show yet:
I think I've finally popped out and won't go back in now -- exciting!! The one disappointing part is that from mama-view, my belly looks GINORMOUS! And then when I look from standard-civilian-view (read: side-view), it's really not all that large. Regardless, I'm loving it, my husband's loving it, and my mom always says it's a cute little baby bump, which always makes me smile inside :)

Gender prediction: Baby girl! I still need to share that piece of our story on here, along with a few others...

Belly Button in or out? The never-ending-pit that is my belly button appears to show no signs of shallowing out at this point.


Wedding rings on or off? On


Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!


Looking forward to:
Our ultrasound on Monday! It's our "official" ultrasound and includes some 3-D images as well, so we are SUPER excited! It will have been three weeks since we last saw baby girl at that point, which is the longest we've ever gone without being able to peek in at her and see her growing. Good thing Christmas and a hair appointment were in between for me to help pass the time with :)

And now for what you've been waiting for... the 18-week pictures! Be warned again: uncovered belly shot lies ahead...

No comments:

Post a Comment