Sunday, March 2, 2014

Forty One Weeks!

 
Weight: My guess is around 17 pounds, but we'll be finding out for sure this afternoon at Lizzie's nine-month appointment.
  
Sleep: Sleep had been so good, but Lizzie has woken up the last couple of nights to eat. I think the issue is that she's not feeling very well and hasn't had an appetite but then wakes in the middle of the night and is hungry. Poor baby. But it's been just a quick bottle and she's back to sleep right away.

Medical Issues: That cough is still lingering, and I'm pretty sure we're having some nausea and GI issues :( Poor baby.

Clothes:
 We're in three to six month clothes and three to six month jammies!

Socialite!: Hanging out with daycare friends and grandmas and grandpas! Girlfriend was also lucky enough to spend some time with her Godfather, Norm, over the weekend :) We love when he stops by to visit (and when he brings us such cute stuffed animals, too)!

Diet: Due to her upset tummy, Lizzie girl is on somewhat of a "BRAT" diet (bananas, rice, apple(sauce), toast). She's not crazy about toast, but she's all about the bananas. I've also read that yogurt with live active cultures is good for GI issues, so we've been doing that as well.

Earlier in the week, I made a baked ziti with ricotta cheese in it, which I thought would be right up Lizzie girl's alley. I'm not sure if she was just not in the mood to eat, or if she really hated it, but she would put pieces of ziti in her mouth and instantly cry. It was pretty hilarious. Maybe it was a texture thing? Either way, Andy was jumping for joy: he hates the texture of ricotta cheese and isn't a fan when I try to sneak it in things. So I might be outnumbered now on ricotta cheese, two-to-one dang.


Baby Gear Love: Our gum ball machine from Auntie Jenny! It's the Fisher-Price Roll-a-Rounds: Swirlin' Surprise Gumball Machine and we've now figured out how to press the button to make the gum balls come out and the lights flash and make music! She's pretty impressed with herself when it happens :) We're also becoming a very, very large fan of books. We always read 15 minutes or so of books before bed each night. She loves them! The teacher in me jumps for joy :) Plus, I love reading to her. It was always one of my favorite things to do with my niece and nephews when I would babysit them. Now I get to do it every night!

Crying: Lizzie is such a happy babe. She only cries when she's hungry or tired.
Mommy News: Spring break is next week and I can't wait! One week at home with my girl :) Yay!

My doctor started me on a new medication last week, and one of the side effects is bloating and wow, that'd be me to a T at this point! I honestly look like I'm 20 weeks pregnant sometimes. Which wouldn't bother me, except for the fact that I'm waiting for a student or a parent or someone who knew me last year while pregnant to ask about it because I really do look it. Last night, I didn't think it would be possible for my stomach to stretch any further it was crazy.
 
Milestones: Her language continues to develop; I'm beginning to hear some "rarara" sounds, as well as a few "mama" sounds every once and a while (not in my direction yet!). She also is really learning to play with her intonation, so we have some pretty good squeals :) She's definitely having some little conversations.

Lizzie also gives kisses now :) She won't hand them out to just anyone or at just anytime, but every so often I'll get lucky to receive a few and they are so, so, so sweet! No kisses for daddy yet, though. Stuffed animals, though? They're a different story. She's always kissing them on the nose! Girlfriend also is starting to grasp the motion of blowing kisses as well, which is pretty darn cute, too. 

She's also getting really good at sharing. She loves to feed us at any opportunity she has :) Cheerios, HappyBaby Puffs, bananas, pasta, pork, broccoli… she's always up for sharing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment