Wednesday, May 15, 2013

36 Weeks!

 How far along? Well, truthfully... this question no longer applies, because I'm not pregnant anymore! Our sweet baby girl just couldn't wait any longer and joined us on Mother's Day. However, this is for me, and I want to be able to remember each full week of my pregnancy -- and I spent almost an entire week (six days) as a 36-week pregnant lady, so this post will be about my time at week 36 -- so I'm planning to write with the tense that I haven't had the baby yet, even though I have. I'm weird like that, sorry. I'll post about delivery later, though!
 
Total weight gain/loss:
After staying at 122 for a week, I was excited to find out that last week at my doctor's appointment on Thursday, I weighed in a pound heavier at 123 -- woohoo! That puts my total weight gain, as of 36 weeks, to 17 pounds. Still shooting for at least 20 pounds by the time we hit 40 weeks, and it looks like I should be able to make it!


Maternity clothes? My maternity tanks from Old Navy finally showed up, enabling me to wear a few more cardigans and things. Of course, the weather finally warmed up and felt like spring, so I finally felt like I could wear all of the maternity clothes I'd been holding off on because it stayed winter in Minnesota until the second week in May! With just a few outfits that work, though, I find myself spending some time planning how I can make things work so I won't look like I amplaying the same clothes on repeat every week for the next four weeks.

Stretch marks? None! And just a few weeks left to go :)
 
Symptoms: Still feeling really great! Less braxton hicks this week, which makes me somewhat disappointed. I know they don't mean anything, but I kind of felt like maybe having a lot of them that are really strong was telling me that she might show up soon. But, alas, they've definitely petered out a bit this week. Just waking to go to the bathroom at night often -- no heartburn, acid reflux, exhaustion or anything like that to speak of. The only other ache and pain I can mention is that upper back pain -- old news!
  
Sleep: Sleeping great! Falling asleep when my head hits the pillow and sleeping until the alarm, save four potty breaks in the middle of the night. I've been so lucky to not have suffered in this area (or any, really!) during my pregnancy. Hoping it continues to go this well for the next four weeks... knock on wood!


Best moment this week: Too many to choose from! On Monday, we had an ultrasound to check sweet baby's growth again. It had been six weeks since they had last checked, so I was a little worried that maybe she would have not been growing or that she would be way too small. I even told my students that I may not return that day, because there was talk of inducing if she wasn't thriving inside of me due to that marginal cord insertion (I used different words with them, of course, but didn't want them to be worried if I suddenly didn't return from my doctor's appointment). Luckily, I returned to school after my ultrasound  because she looked fabulous! She's a peanut in the 22nd percentile, but that's okay! They don't worry until she gets in the three to five percentile range. She was weighing in at an estimated five pounds, nine ounces. Mommy and daddy were so proud! She looked so beautiful. It was a huge relief for me to see her doing so well -- it really put any of the fears I've carried this pregnancy because of the cord insertion at bay.


Another great moment this week was my baby shower with my staff at school. The shower was adorable -- I mentioned last week that the theme was "Ready to Pop!" and they went all out for it. We had all different kinds of popcorn, two kinds of cookie pops, popovers, pop to drink, popcorn cake, blow pops... basically, they were brilliant and thought of everything! The set-up was adorable and I'm hoping I can scrounge up a picture from someone because it was too cute for me not to have a memory of in picture-form.

I also had a doctor appointment on Thursday this week to go over the ultrasound "results" from Monday and to just do a 36-week check-up. I'm ecstatic at this point, because my appointments now come weekly! I looove seeing my doctor. She said on Thursday that baby hasn't dropped yet, but she's turned her face so that rather than looking to the front of my body, she's turned and is now looking at the side of my body. This means she's probably preparing to descend into the birth canal to "drop" for childbirth. Of course, you know me: I was on the internet in a heartbeat after my appointment, trying to figure out how long after babies drop, do they make their appearance. And the answer? Well, it basically indicates nothing. You can sit with your baby in the "dropped" position for weeks -- and my baby isn't even there yet. I've been convinced this baby will be coming a little early my entire pregnancy, but the doctor said she's looking pretty cozy, so I'm starting to back off that idea.

Finally, one of the best moments ever happened on Friday night when I was picking up a pizza at Domino's for supper. I was wearing a white maternity tank and noticed one of the workers really studying me closely as he washed his hands behind the counter. Finally he must have worked up enough courage to ask me when I was due. I told him in about three weeks, but asked if it looked like it should be further away than that (I often feel as though I'm not big enough for being as far along as I am, which really bums me out). To my surprise, his response was, "No, it looks like it should be tonight. You look like you're ready to pop!" (which goes along conveniently with that baby shower theme, wouldn't you say?!). At which point, a few other workers chimed in and agreed wholeheartedly. That one sentence from him was maybe the sweetest string of words I've ever heard!
 

Miss Anything? Not a single thing! We are so blessed and this baby is such a gift!
 
Movement: She has been a dancin' fool in there, my friends. They say babies get less active as the weeks go on, but that hasn't been the case for her. There wasn't one day this week that I was concerned about her -- she always let me know she was in there. Love her!


Food cravings: Orange juice, doughnuts and milk.

Anything making you queasy or sick: You know the drill: ice cream, Papa Murphy's pizza and anything peanut butter + chocolate combo.
 
Have you started to show yet: Yes! I've recieved some of the best compliments this week. A coworker of mine mentioned after she had been gone for a week that I was really starting to look even more pregnant. Love it! And, of course, the workers at Domino's who made my life on Friday :)


Belly Button in or out? Still an innie! I highly doubt it'll be changing to an outie in the next three weeks.
 
Wedding rings on or off? Though I've debated taking them off a number of times, I've kept them on, hoping that they won't get too tight to cause problems. Maybe that's a silly move, but we'll see.


Happy or Moody most of the time: So happy. I love you, sweet baby! We are soooo excited!
 

Looking forward to: Meeting sweet baby girl. We. Cannot. WAIT! And looking forward to Mother's Day this year :) My last Mother's Day was one that was spent with lots of tears, remembering the baby who should have been in my tummy and asking my husband if he thought I would have a baby in my arms next Mother's Day. His response? That I would either have a baby in my arms, or be very close to having one in my arms. How right was that guy? She's almost here! Happy Mother's Day to me!

... and again with the weird fruits that baby is compared to. A crenshaw melon? What the heck is that? Regardless... I guess she's comparable to that.





1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog :) we are so close in our pregnancies! Just a few more weeks for you!

    -Veronika

    ReplyDelete