Sunday, September 19, 2010

Feeding the addiction!

As you read yesterday, I have had a hefty Craigslist addiction as of late. And I am proud to say that moments ago, I secured my very first purchase! Feast your eyes on this beautiful find:

Ta-da! Hideous, right? Well, kind of. I've spoken for the blue one on the right and will be hauling it home tomorrow after school. The thought here is to spray paint it another color -- likely black or white -- and recover the cushion. I'm not entirely sure where it will belong in our new place, but right now I'm envisioning it in our bedroom.

Which is kind of stupid, really. How often do chairs in bedrooms really get used? Or when you go on a home tour and see a ridiculously huge house with a monstrosity of a master bedroom that, for some reason, has enough room to have a couch in it -- does someone actually sit there? Maybe they do. Maybe one day when I make a bazillion dollars as a teacher, I'll build a home like that and I'll let you know about that.

But probably not.

So stay tuned to see what happens with this little jewel! But don't get too eager. Right now I only have a living and bed room (sans a couch, FYI), neither of which are conducive to re-doing [currently] hideous furniture.

No comments:

Post a Comment