Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Autumn Wishlist!

I know, I know -- we're not even in the month of June, so how can I be thinking about autumn?

Well, I am an avid blog reader myself, and one of the people on my blog roll posted a link to some incredible Prada shoes shown on Neiman Marcus' website in a "fall preview" section. So, naturally, I had to check it out. Not that I can afford Prada, but... I can still browse and keep my eyes peeled for look-a-likes : )

These cute little flats are from Manolo Blahnik. The color, the little bow, they're just perfect. Very feminine and girly. I have an interesting relationship with flats. I love how cute they look on other people, in their skinny jeans and all their chic-ness. But I'm a mere five-feet, two-inches, so I favor heels for that reason. And I also don't find flats all that comfy. Oftentimes they lead to painful rubbing and blisters on my poor little toes and the back of my ankle. But maybe that's because I refuse to spend more than $10.00 on a pair of flats because they're, well, flat. Regardless, I think these are adorable. And I'm sure for the $495.00 price tag, I wouldn't get any blisters : ) On second thought, I think I'll stick to heels that are 10% of that price.
These are your typical riding boot. I can't necessarily say these are the cutest leather riding boot I've ever seen, but they reminded me that I want to get a good, leather pair this coming autumn. I purchased a fake leather (fleather? Kind of like Flocke, fake Locke, from Lost?) pair from Old Navy this past fall as kind of a 'test run' to see if I like this style, and I really do. But I certainly won't be shelling out $1090.00 for them...
Ah, so cute. Gorgeous color, perfect height on the calf, adorable bow detail up top. Love!
These are the shoes that brought me to Neiman Marcus' website to check out the fall preview in the first place. I love the deep, rich brown colored leather, the chunky (but not too chunky!) heel, platform sole, and the cut-outs. Would look way cute even with tights! Perfect for cooler fall days. Love, again. And at a mere $695.00, on a [hopefully] full-time teacher's salary, I could afford these... right? Right?

Yeah, I know. Keep dreamin'.
And finally, these little black booties. Now, do I want them to have black glitter all over them? Ah, no. And is the heel and platform a bit high for standing on my poor little feet all day? Definitely. I just really like the black bootie thing. Nine West had some very similar to these on the shelves last fall (sans the glitter and probably an inch less of heel), all the way down to the back zipper detail (if you can see that). However, I didn't buy them because the sole of the shoe was completely smooth. I'd be slipping all the way down those polished elementary school hallways! I have yet to understand why shoemakers make such a smooth sole on their shoes. I bought a pair of 'Miranda' pumps from Banana Republic a few months ago and they are awesome for one reason on so many levels -- they have a rubber sole on the bottom of them! Which means no slipping and sliding on those waxed, polished floors and students can't hear you click, click, clicking down the hall so they can't suddenly decide to be on their best behavior when they hear you coming. They're a tricky bunch, those kids!

So there's my preview. Indulgent? Yes. Will I be purchasing any of the above? Not a chance. Well, unless they appear on eBay for $50.00 : )

No comments:

Post a Comment