Saturday, January 23, 2010

Perfecting a Classic

So I have this weird obsession with trying to figure out the perfect recipe for homemade macaroni and cheese. So last night and today, knowing that my hubby and I needed an easy, quick supper tonight (he has an on-campus night job that starts at six on Tuesdays and I have a group exercise class at the Wellness Center that lasts until 5:15 p.m.), I Google searched probably 20 times for that gold-star, blue-ribbon recipe that I keep hoping to find.

Now THAT'S some gold-star, blue ribbon homemade mac & cheese!
Now THAT'S some gold-star, blue ribbon homemade mac & cheese!

I finally settled on one I found that had 4.8 stars out of 5.0 with over 1,390 reviews! So I made a quick stop after school today and just before my group exercise class to pick up a couple things to make this delicious concoction, and I was so excited about it. All day at school, I had dreamt of the deliciousness of this winning recipe that I knew I'd somehow find... and when it came time to eat it for supper, I couldn't believe it... it wasn't all that great! My usual homemade mac and cheese, made with Velveeta and a tiny bit of milk, was 500-times better than this recipe. Okay, so I'm totally exaggerating. It wasn't bad, it just wasn't as amazing as all the hype from the online reviewers. Bummer.

But don't worry. My quest isn't finished. And when I find it, I promise to share :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment