Thursday, June 30, 2011

OBSESSED

Now that it's summatime, I am a free woman (whoo for being a teacher!). And since I no longer have 25 little loves in my life, I have to fill the void with something.

And that something, my friends, happens to be a little show they call "What Not to Wear".

It's true: I'm hooked!

And lucky me, it's on not once, but TWICE a day. Mmhmm, at 11:00 and 2:00.

So aside from taking fashion notes from Stacy and Clinton, I'm also plotting my own debut on the show.

I'm thinking the way to go would be to make seasonal sweaters (complete with matching turtlenecks, of course), apple earrings the size of 50-cent pieces, and denim jumpers staples in my wardrobe. I'll also have to let my hair air dry everyday (that would be the real ticket. My new third graders would probably go home and cry each day because they have a swamp monster for a teacher. Whatevs -- it'd be worth it for the $5,000 makeover, right?).

So now I think that's on my summer "to-do" list: make my wardrobe and physical appearance atrocious enough that my friends and family would secretly feel sorry for me and covertly video tape how awful I look in order for me to be on the show.

Excellent.

No comments:

Post a Comment